Posted on Apr 6, 2015
By Kelly Grant
Photo by David Dana
As the days grow warmer and longer many students are eager to adventure outside and create lasting memories with their friends before the semester ends. Here are some local activities that are sure to enhance your weekends with friends!
Kayaking/ Stand-up Paddle Boarding-
These are some of the locations in Kirkland and Seattle that offer kayak and paddle board rentals:
- Northwest Paddle Surfers-Kirkland- http://northwestpaddlesurfers.com/
- The Perfect Wave surf shop- Kirkland- Doesn’t offer kayaks but has surfing gear available- http://www.perfectwave.com/home.html
- Ballard Kayak- Seattle- http://www.ballardkayak.com
- Agua Verde Café and Paddle Club- University District in Seattle-http://aguaverde.com/paddleclub/
You can visit the Washington Trails Association website to find hikes in the area. Some places to hike are:
- The Issaquah Alps- In this areas there are many hikes on Cougar Mountain, Tiger Mountain, and Squak Mountain.
- The Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest has nearly 1,500 miles of trails available.
For many locations you must purchase a Discover Pass for each vehicle you take, which can be bought online here, although there are some exceptions. The Discover Pass is $35 for a year or $11.50 for a day pass and provides access to a wide variety of adventures.
Some of the life groups at Northwest University that build community through outdoor activities include:
- Frisbee and Fellowship
- Nature Walks with Jesus
- NU Cage Soccer
- Running Bible Study
- Ultimate Frisbee